Pregnancy is a time of great excitement and anticipation for an expectant mother and her family.
From pre pregnancy preparation, conception and the first tentative flush of a positive pregnancy test, through to the irreplaceable thrill of hearing her baby’s heartbeat, feeling the movements for the first time and finally holding her beautiful newborn baby, it is a spectacular journey. Dr Ward sees himself as guiding and overseeing this miraculous transition safely for both mother and child. Being a dad to 3 beautiful children, and having the delight of being present at all these births (including delivering the last one!) he is especially keen to encourage the father’s or partner’s participation as fully as possible.
Some of the obstetric services offered by Dr Ward include:
- Pre pregnancy assessment and counselling
- Early pregnancy assessment including viability ultrasound
- Management and investigation of pregnancy loss
- Insertion of cervical cerclage where indicated
- On site ultrasound imaging (images can be captured and transferred to a USB drive or DVD)
- Routine antenatal visits, intra and postpartum care
- Low and high risk pregnancies (twins, pre eclampsia, diabetes, high blood pressure and other medical conditions.
- VBAC – vaginal birth after caesarean, vaginal breech delivery
- Breech turning (ECV)
- Forceps and vacuum delivery where indicated
- Caesarean Section
- Obstetric trauma repair
Dr Ward offers private personalised care for the delivery of your precious baby and immediate postnatal care throughout your hospital stay.